How to use this site.
Welcome to Our Consumer Place! We hope you find this site useful - whether you are here just to have a poke around, are a mental health consumer working from a consumer perspective or are here because you support consumer leadership.
Below is an overview of the kinds of resources available through this site. There is a lot of information available here and the site itself is always expanding. Your insights matter to us, so please let us know if there is anything you would like us to change/add/expand, etc.
Getting connected to what exists already:
- Become a member of Our Consumer Place: receive our regular newsletter and occasional updates on training and events. You don't have to be a consumer to be a member, and we won't send you any spam!
- Directories: find information and contact details for consumer controlled projects, as well as other groups who are supportive of consumer leadership.
- Inspiration: Our newsletter often features consumer directed initiatives - check the Introducing ... section of our newsletter page for some inspiration!
- Contact us
Resources specifically for consumer-run groups (or "Consumer Developed Initiatives"):
- Language matters: because words matter and thinking about language is important in making the cultural shift we need towards consumers being more in control.
- Resources: We are endeavouring to collect together a "clearinghouse" of consumer-perspective resources. Check it out, and send us suggestions so we can expand!